MSD's Pro-Billet Pontiac V8 Distributor for Pontiac engines built for either street performance or hard core racing applications.
Special features include a fully adjustable mechanical advance assembly. For all-out racing, the advance mechanism can also easily be locked-out.
For stable timing, a high-output magnetic trigger pick-up is used to supply the ignition with a trigger signal. Additional stability is achieved via the 0.500" hardened distributor shaft that is supported by sealed ball bearings.
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- No CARB Exemption Order Number
- Will not accept a vacuum advance canister
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
Limited 1 Year Warranty